Parsons Xtreme Golf (PXG) has been making waves in the golfing world since its inception in 2015.
While the brand has quickly earned a reputation for its innovative designs and use of high-quality materials, many still wonder whether PXG clubs have caught on among the professional ranks.
In this article, we delve into the world of professional golfers who have chosen to wield these cutting-edge clubs and explore the reasons behind their choices.
Do Any Pros Use PXG Clubs?
Yes. A few pros have wielded the pricey clubs from PXG in competitive games or elsewhere.
You and I can’t always know what’s in their bag. But we can marvel at some of these players and their clubs when they are playing.
Pro Golfers Who Have Embraced PXG Clubs
Several notable professional golfers have transitioned to PXG clubs in recent years, a testament to the brand’s efficacy and allure.
Among these high-profile players are:
- Zach Johnson: A two-time major winner, Johnson is perhaps the most famous golfer to use PXG clubs. His wins at the Masters and the Open Championship have secured his place in golf history.
- Pat Perez: Known for his unique style and strong personality, Perez has been a consistent performer on the PGA Tour and is a prominent user of PXG clubs.
- Ryan Moore: Moore was the first PGA Tour player to put PXG clubs in his bag. He’s known for his innovative approach to equipment, being one of the first to use a hybrid on tour, and his adoption of PXG clubs continues this trend.
- Lydia Ko: On the LPGA Tour, former world number one Lydia Ko is a notable user of PXG clubs. Her success has helped bring visibility to the brand in the women’s game.
Other esteemed professionals who have added PXG clubs to their arsenal include Cristie Kerr and Ryan Moore.
These golfers have experienced success on the international stage.
And their adoption of PXG clubs signals growing confidence in the brand’s ability to deliver performance-enhancing equipment.
As more pros continue to experiment with PXG clubs, the company’s footprint in the professional sphere is expected to expand.
Why Do People Hate PXG?
PXG (Parsons Xtreme Golf) clubs have garnered much attention in the golf world for their high-end technology and premium pricing.
However, there are a few potential drawbacks to consider:
- Cost: The most commonly cited disadvantage of PXG clubs is their price. They are one of the most expensive brands in the golf market, and this could put them out of reach for some players, particularly beginners who play only occasionally.
- Value for Money: While PXG clubs offer advanced technology and customization, some golfers might not see a significant enough improvement in their performance to justify the high cost. The benefits of these clubs tend to be more noticeable for skilled golfers, and beginners or high-handicappers might not get the maximum value from them.
- Availability: PXG clubs are not as widely available as some other brands. This could make it harder for some golfers to try the clubs before buying or accessing services like fittings and adjustments.
- Maintenance: Given their high price and advanced technology, PXG clubs might require more maintenance and care than other clubs to keep them in top condition.
- Perception: While some golfers appreciate the exclusivity of PXG, others might be put off by the perception that they are paying more for the brand name than for a significant performance improvement.
Benefits of Using PXG Clubs
One of the primary reasons professional golfers have been drawn to PXG clubs is the brand’s commitment to customization.
PXG employs an exhaustive fitting process to ensure that each golfer receives clubs tailored to their unique swing characteristics and physical attributes.
This level of customization enables golfers to achieve optimal performance, making PXG an attractive option for players seeking an edge over their competition.
Furthermore, PXG offers an array of clubhead and shaft combinations, allowing golfers to fine-tune their clubs for a precise fit.
This extensive customization has garnered attention from pros who demand the highest level of equipment optimization.
PXG clubs are renowned for using advanced technology and materials which further cements the brand’s growing popularity among professionals.
For instance, the company’s irons incorporate a unique hollow-body construction with a thermoplastic elastomer, resulting in a more consistent and forgiving strike.
Additionally, PXG drivers boast a patented honeycomb TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) insert, which dampens vibrations while enhancing the club’s sound and feel.
This innovative approach to club design has piqued the interest of pros searching for equipment that offers a distinct advantage on the course.
While PXG clubs have certainly gained traction among professional golfers, you should note that they come with a hefty price tag.
The brand’s dedication to utilizing cutting-edge technology and materials has positioned them in the upper echelon of golf equipment pricing.
As a result, PXG clubs are often considered luxury items, accessible primarily to those with deep pockets.
Despite the steep cost, many pros view PXG clubs as a worthwhile investment, as the benefits can mean improved performance. And, ultimately, more success on the golf course.
As the saying goes, “You get what you pay for.” In the case of PXG, the high price seems justified by the brand’s commitment to delivering unparalleled quality and customization.
PXG Clubs and the Pros
As we’ve seen, several professional golfers have embraced PXG clubs, attracted by the brand’s innovative designs, advanced technology, and commitment to customization.
While the price of PXG clubs may be prohibitive for some, many pros view them as a worthwhile investment in their pursuit of excellence.
As more and more professional players adopt PXG clubs, the brand’s presence in professional golf will only continue to grow.
With each success story, the allure of PXG’s performance-enhancing equipment will become increasingly difficult for other players to ignore.
As the company continues to refine its technology and expand its offerings, we will likely see even greater adoption of PXG clubs by pros in the coming years.
In the meantime, golf enthusiasts can look forward to witnessing some of the world’s top players wielding these innovative clubs and pushing the boundaries of their game.
And, in the process, inspiring a new generation of golfers to explore the benefits of PXG’s cutting-edge equipment.
And it’s no doubt that PXG clubs made remarkable impacts on the professional golf scene, and their popularity is only set to increase.
As more pros discover the advantages of these meticulously crafted clubs, we can expect to see an ever-growing number of players switching to PXG in pursuit of that competitive edge.
- Are Ping Golf Clubs Good?
- Why Are Ping Eye 2 Irons Illegal?
- Ping G410 Plus vs. LST: Which is Better?
Want to Get Better at Golf?
Get "Ben Hogan's Five Lessons" and join thousands of others improving their golf skills.
Learn the Fundamentals: Stance and Posture > Golf Grip > The Swing.
This book has LOADS of positive reviews. THOUSANDS OF REVIEWS. A MILLION COPY SOLD. CHEAP!Get the Book Here